Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 gms – Carnaroli or Vialone nano
- ½ gold onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 gr Burrata
- 1 lt vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Truffle paste
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Start by putting the vegetable stock in a pot and heat it on the fire. The liquid has to be hot all the time while you are cooking risotto so that the rice temperature does not drop when you add the water to it.
- Put the finely chopped onion and the 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a pot and let it cook on a slow fire until the onion becomes soft and transparent. Add the rice, mix well and let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes until it becomes translucent. Then add enough hot water/stock to cover the rice and turn the fire to medium-low. Keep cooking, occasionally stirring the rice and adding hot water little by little, until the rice is cooked. It is going to take approximately 20 to 25 minutes depending on the rice you are using.
- Add the truffle paste to the risotto.
- When the rice is ready, put the fire off and add the Burrata to it (including the Burrata cream).
- Mix very well, until the rice becomes creamy.
- Make sure that your risotto is moist (or, as we say, all’onda – which literally means wavy) and not sticky. You can do that by adding 1 or 2 extra tbsp of hot water/stock if needed. Check for salt, black pepper and season to your liking.
- Serve and Buon appetito!